THOU SHALT NOT suffer a Madman, a Fool, an Idiot or a Politician!
(except if your a politician then its "Thou shalt not get caught!")

August 13, 2010

Down home politics

I must admit to having a political
(you might want to look this one up,
((Unless you are lazy))
as most people think they know what political means)
agenda of my own. I would like the world to get along and everybody to think
(as I tell them to)
like me.
Fortune is a double sided coin, in that if my desires were the rule, then I would rule and nobody would agree with me for imposing my ideals upon them!(could this be the golden rule of politico's?)

Political parties are formed with idealism and a lot of energy,(look at the continuing evolution of the "tea party") and are therefore surrounded with rhetoric that sounds great to a passing ear. As time goes by, these original ideals will become polluted by well meaning yet ignorant individuals (who were attracted by the chance to make noise),
who want to bring about additional changes so as to make their party be more palatable to supposedly more people.
(t'aint always so McGee!)

The large majority (as opposed to the small) of the populace of our once great country, is mentally either deliberately lazy or mentally substandard
(not a very PC statement is it?, but true none-the-less! especially when today's I.Q. scores are lower on average that at any time before!
((can you say no child left behind, let no child excel so that others may feel bad!))
((t'is better to cause harm to the few, than to the many)))
in that they will not have done any research on candidates for office and will either vote on party lines (this qualifies as research?) or just punch the top name on the column.
(I'm patriotic, I voted, I did my civic duty! I can't be bothered)
(my example is drawn from a lot of people that I have interviewed in Utah but applies to the whole country).

As a result of OUR actions
(yes, I will take responsibility for my past actions and accept the consequences thereof!)
or inaction,
we are left to having to deal with the results.

Bigotry (all kinds), racism (both kinds), predetermination-ism, graft, corruption, sexism, ...so on and so forth. If it is ugly in any permutation (to the people on the outside, not the people doing it!), we have it in our elected officials as they cannot afford (re:graft and bribe) to be non-partisan or non-responsive to the people with the money. (not including just those whom they supposedly represent ((see "honest politician" in my definitions))).

This is what our Country has become, this is what our political system has become and everybody knows it. As far as I am concerned, and what I hear from others, neither of the two main parties is worth the match, to light the fuse, that runs to the powder kegs, that could be used to blow them all to .....

Yes, I admit to an agenda. My desire is to point out, what I see from a conservative view point, the lies, deceits and abuses' that people have become common is so much of all of our politics, from news reporting to our highest public officials (can you say potus!).

I prefer the generic terms of liberal and conservative, as opposed to Democrat and Republican.
The party names seem to be misleading to a lot of people,
(democrat = I have a vote, republican = I have faith in and stand for my country)
while the other terms are actually more descriptive of a way of thinking and looking at the world ( which in reality is not the way they are used).

In a land where a person can be sued into poverty for not being careful (enough((as defined by the prosecuting attorneys))) with the words that they may use when expressing their personal opinions, A land where it has become a multi-million dollar business to elect an official, a land where your income is predeterminate (did I just make that word up?) on a political party, a land where you are chastised and ridiculed for declaring your belief in the Constitution of the United States of America as a Divinely inspired document? (anybody seen the "Vue"?) A land where the President spends millions of tax payer dollars to take mini-vacations that in number exceed the months in a year? (let alone allowing his wanabe trendsetter wife to run around on taxpayer monies too!) (when I can't even get one in the last 10 years!). A land where we will allow a Mosque to be erected adjacent to, and overlooking the hollowed ground where so many died innocently. The mosque which could be used as training and sanctuary (where legally they are immune) for future terrorists and a land where the President seemingly takes pride in pointing out that even though he has engendered a multi-trillion dollar deficit (that is a real legacy for posterity) upon our country for generations to come, which he originally had inherited from the previous administration (re: party) (who was fighting a war against terrorists when his party was ousted) who left him with a vastly smaller deficit to contend with, after having received a balanced budget from their preceding party. (Convoluted huh? well so is the thinking behind all of this!)

You bet that I have an agenda, as so should you. We need to get government spending under control. We need to get government responsive and under control of the people. We need to get the population overall, concerned with what is going on in government. That is my agenda, I may not like the results, but if it were truly to be" the will of the people" of our country, then I will learn to like it, will be compliant and will be supportive of it. Until that time comes to pass, I will be vocal about the failings that I perceive.

No comments: